I’m going to blog each day about my journey in releasing my next book. I have two aims:
- A vain effort to help others, I hope my experience will help a budding or even an experienced author.
- Get the conversation going, I don’t pretend to have all the answers, not even half of them. If I did, I’d be #1 in my genre. I want people in the author world to help me and each other. Share my blog, comment with helpful tips, not just for me but for everyone else that is going to read them.
What did I Yesterday:
Contacted the bloggers that helped me last time I launched a book. I contacted 100 people in the author world who are bloggers for my genre, 56 people said that they would help, 28 followed through. I contact those who were able to help, an individual email, 8 of the 28 have already replied with a yes. Great start, this time my aim is to talk to 1000 people in the author world and ask for their help. I’ll do a tally each day to let you know how its going.
What am I doing today?
- Contacting more bloggers for help.
- Read through the manuscript looking for suitable excerpts and teasers. This part is tricky when it is book two of a Romantic Suspense novel, don’t want to give the game away but also don’t want to be too vague.
- Eat pizza and forget that I ripped my trousers in work, mortified.
Here’s what I have to do (in no particular order):
1000 970 blogs and get help; Attach book on Author Central (Amazon); Newsletter Release once live; write and then post excerpts; Post a Goodreads event; Organise a giveaway; Update Website; Design Teasers; Format the book for eBook and Paperback.
Decide whether to:
- offer ARCs (last time I sent 17 ARCs, I received two ratings, one 5* and one 4* and only one review. Not entirely sure that there is any use in sending ARCs).
- Decide if I want to do a Facebook author take over, author event, blog tour and blog event.
- Decide if I want to do a Facebook advert, a Goodreads advert, Amazon Advert.
Will you help by commenting below some advice? and sign up to help launch the book? Here’s the form: http://goo.gl/forms/V1nUOByWE9
Social Media links – Go on, give me a whirl, you may like it.
The Recovery of Catherine Brodie – Book Two of the Catherine Brodie Chronicles
“…’Do you love me yet?’ Alex said, hoping the answer was yes…”
The Recovery of Catherine Brodie starts four years after Erin’s confrontation in the cellar of Green’s. Alexander Devlin wants his band to perform at Green’s and writes a begging email. Erin relents and says yes, even though it goes against all her rules.
Erin continues to put her past behind her, but like every bad penny, they always turn up.
Erin Brodie has made a success of her music venue and it’s the most sought after place in the country for non-signed artists to perform. Alexander Devlin is the guitarist from the rock band Fragile, they are at the top of their game and are just about to release their final album.
Erin drops her guard and so her courtship with Alex begins, but it comes at a price. Erin has enemies and, this time, they have upped their game. This time, her life is in jeopardy and it takes all of her friends to race to find her.
This time, they might just be too late…